Friday, February 22, 2008

I hate the rain

This is Southern California, the land of surf, sun and a climate than hovers around 72-degrees year-round. It's sublime; I love it.

While my field-bred brethren back in the Midwest are used to hunting adventures in freezing climates and enjoy romping in the snow, I think that's for chumps. Give me a sunny day with a nice Southerly breeze and I'm a happy puppy. I can't wait for summer when I get to sleep on the cool tile floor in the house.

Now, we have a problem. This has been a wet winter for us and it's rained quite often since I was brought home back in November. Rain sucks. I hate the rain so much that I refuse to go out in the rain for any reason whatsoever. My dad used to pick me up and place me outside while he stood under an umbrella waiting for me to do my business, but I'd just run back under the overhang and wait for him to give up. His will is weak compared to my powers or persuasion.

I'm getting better about this rain thing but it's so cold and wet and...eww!! Call me a prissy puppy but I don't care. A Pointer has to have standards and one of my standards is not going out in the rain. Nevermind that once my dad puts me on a leash and we start walking I barely notice it's raining; that's not important for the sake of this rant.

Now that we've settled that score, it's time for the weekend. Here's a little photo to get you started. Me and my Momma the first night I came to my new home. I'm adorable. I was so little!!

Oh and here's me licking my nose while chewing an ice cube. I rock.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: